What is hi-tech agriculture?
High-tech agriculture (NNCNC) is an agricultural industry that is applied in combination with new and advanced technologies for production, also known as high technology in order to improve efficiency and create a breakthrough in productivity and quality. agricultural products, satisfying the increasing needs of society and ensuring sustainable agricultural development.
New technologies integrated and applied in high-tech agriculture include: automation, mechanization of agricultural production stages, information technology, new material technology , biotechnology ; new plant varieties and livestock with high yield and quality…; Advanced farming process, organic farming… with high economic efficiency/production unit.
This concept is widely used as agriculture applying high technology to improve production efficiency, creating a breakthrough in productivity and quality of agricultural products, satisfying the increasing needs of people. ensure sustainable agricultural development. It is forecasted that in the next few years, human resources will still be lacking and will become a hot industry.
What to study High-Tech Agriculture for?
– Select, create and propagate plants and animal breeds for high productivity and quality;
– Prevention and control of epidemics;
– Cultivation and animal husbandry achieve high efficiency;
– Creating all kinds of materials, machines and equipment used in agriculture;
– Preservation and processing of agricultural products;
– Developing hi-tech agricultural enterprises;
– Development of high-tech services for agriculture.
What do Crop and High-tech Agriculture groups do? where? Why is it a hot industry?
Working position of learners after graduation:
– In charge of techniques, directing agricultural production
– Managing and supervising the process of agricultural production;
– Operating production activities in agricultural systems (clean, organic, high-tech)
– Lecturers at universities, colleges, and vocational training schools in agriculture.
– Studying at the postgraduate level in the fields of agriculture.
Where do you work?
After graduation, students can work at agencies in the field of agriculture:
– Centers for research and transfer of science and technology; Research Institute, Institute of Tropical Biology;
– Department of Agriculture and Rural Development; Agricultural Extension Center; Plant Protection Sub-Department or Station; Plant Breeding Center
– Farm, farm, farm;
– Trading in agricultural materials (seeds, fertilizers, pesticides).
– Tourist areas, monuments, golf courses and resorts.
– Bank (in charge of agricultural projects); International border gate; Development projects; NGOs at home and abroad.
– Participating in teaching and research at agricultural training institutions.
Not only there are many domestic opportunities, graduates from these industries also have many opportunities to enter the foreign labor market such as internship programs, paid agricultural internships and paid agricultural internships. high-paying international jobs in Israel, Japan, Australia, etc.
Which majors provide training in Hi-tech Agriculture? Which university?
University of Agriculture and Forestry, Hue University is currently training a group of high-tech agriculture and horticulture majors to meet the demand for high-quality human resources in this field. This industry group includes the following industries:
1. Plant Science (Specialization in Selection, Training and Production of Plant Varieties): Training, in-depth research and absorption of new crop production techniques and technologies. Develop and implement a technical process for the production of crops in the direction of safe, sustainable agriculture and climate change adaptation. Breeding, selection of varieties and flexible application of technical measures in crop production to adapt to ecological conditions
2. Agronomy: Training knowledge on plant genetics, physiology – biochemistry of plants, plant varieties, soil and fertilizers, plant protection… to ensure the study of specialized subjects, research specialize and absorb new technologies; mastering industry knowledge in line with labor market requirements in the field of agronomy. Master the scientific basis for building, managing and organizing the implementation of production processes in agriculture.
3. Plant Protection Industry: This is the study of soil, habitat, planting techniques and plant care. Dive into knowledge about pests and diseases on crops and control measures. Students receive general training in crops, agricultural systems, and farming techniques. Besides, in-depth knowledge, measures to prevent and manage pests on plants.
4. Fruit and vegetable technology and landscape industry : The industry provides comprehensive knowledge and skills on landscape and environmental management, biotechnology application in research and production of ornamental flowers and plants. special, with high economic value. Students will be equipped with professional competencies in the field of landscape design, construction and management, capable of analyzing, planning and solving landscape construction problems as required by practice and socioeconomic development.
In addition, students are also trained in techniques of breeding, planting and caring for and maintaining trees, flowers and ornamental plants. In addition, learners also have more general knowledge to collaborate with groups of disciplines close to landscape architecture such as: agronomy, forestry, building architecture, construction, urban planning…