Today, the boom of the market economy and technology 4.0 has helped many businesses expand the online market and reach customers on the Internet.
Having the right digital marketing strategy is essential for any business looking to grow.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing ( Marketing Digital ) is acting to promote and sell products and services by leveraging the marketing techniques on the online (online marketing) channels through social networks, search engines or email .
This is how businesses get their message across to their most potential customers.
Nowadays, your customers are always using online means such as social networking. They update information on news sites and blogs, when there is a need to learn something they use online search engines.
So the #1 rule in digital marketing is to make the right offer at the right time and in the right place.
Digital Marketing will help you reach those channels. The best potential customers will be able to see you. Then learn more about you and even ask questions to learn more about you and your products or services.
13 Benefits of Digital Marketing for businesses
So what exactly does Digital Marketing do and how does it benefit your business?
Unlike traditional marketing, digital marketing often uses online channels to know the exact number of users interacting with the website or social channels of the business in real time.
With this method, you can see results much faster than offline marketing.
Specifically, Digital Marketing online brings the following 13 benefits to businesses:
1. Analyze data and make the right strategy
In the digital information age, thanks to Digital Marketing tools, marketers can check the exact number of people who have viewed your website homepage in real time.
With Google Analytics, you can track statistics and information about your marketing website.
From there, optimize your marketing budget by investing in effective marketing campaigns. If you do not know how to optimize marketing campaigns effectively, you should refer to the article What is Marketing !
2. Increase content performance and lead capture
Through the Digital Marketing tool, you can measure exactly how many people have viewed the content on your website. You can then collect customer information using forms.
Plus, you’re also generating qualified leads as people download. One of the effective references is the application of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs in marketing when studying potential customers.
With a solid lead nurturing strategy, you can build better awareness and interest in your brand.
3. Improve Conversion Rates
Digital Marketing provides a two-way platform that helps you reach and communicate with your potential and existing customers at any time without disturbing them.
Just send them an email and let them make a purchase and learn more about you. From such interactions, you can attract important leads. This will ultimately increase the conversion rate.
4. More cost effective than traditional marketing
You will save your money to a considerable extent. Because Digital Marketing replaces costly advertising channels such as television and radio.
Using automated email marketing, you can increase your leads. Therefore, it will allow you to pre-upload content and schedule content to be sent at important times.
5. High turnover
Applying effective Digital Marketing tactics helps businesses improve conversion rates, thereby increasing revenue.
Your ad should have:
- Good layout for easy navigation
- Use digital platforms to understand customer buying behaviors.
- Come up with the right idea that meets your client’s needs.
- Use multiple digital marketing channels to collect useful data.
6. Higher ROI from your campaigns
The work of Digital Marketing Agency always optimizes the conversion rate to achieve the maximum return on investment (ROI) for the business.
With an effective tracking method, businesses can analyze the results from their marketing campaigns and make timely improvements.
7. Balance competitive advantage with large enterprises
The importance of Digital Marketing also lies in the fact that it allows you to compete directly with large corporations.
No matter how small or large your business is, Digital Marketing Onine has a campaign that fits your business budget. And help them reach their potential customers in the most effective way.
8. Prepare for the Internet Of Things
The “Internet of Things” or “The Internet of Things” is a global ecosystem. Includes connected devices. For example, smartphones, tablets and some other devices.
These devices can help people interact with each other through the web.
Digital Marketing will give you an access window to reach the targeted audience of this online grid.
9. Create customer trust and build brand reputation
Digital Marketing is a lever to help spread reviews and interactions from users and customers who have used your products and services.
The more honest the review, the more likely potential customers will trust the business.
10. Ensure the growth and survival of online businesses
If you can properly target your potential audience, the chances of success will be higher and higher.
By writing articles on blogs or social networking sites, you can communicate with your target audience. From there, get valuable feedback and insights.
These feedback and insights will help you strategize and ensure the survival of your business.
11. Understand Your Competitors
Competitor analysis on social networks is an integral part of a digital marketing campaign .
You can know what your competitors are doing to dominate and reach more consumers. From there, find your own opportunities.
12. See the effect in real time
Different from the traditional method, you can view marketing performance metrics in real time:
- Number of visitors to your page
- Number of subscribers
- Peak trading time
- Conversion rate
- Bounce rate
Based on that, you can see what your strategy is and what doesn’t work for your online business.
13. Increased accessibility
Unlike offline marketing, which has to reach customers in a specific area. With Digital Marketing, you can reach all potential customers globally.
You can respond to posts instantly on your website or social media channels. It won’t take long to advertise widely.
What does Digital Marketing include?
Basically, Digital Marketing is divided into 2 main channels:
- Digital Online marketing (attached to the Internet)
- Digital Offline marketing (attached to electronic devices – electromechanical)
1. Digital Marketing Online
With 8 main types of online marketing:
SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Search engine optimization (SEO) includes methods of improving the ranking of a website on the results pages of search engines such as Google.
There are 3 popular types of SEO: Technical SEO, On-page SEO, Off-page SEO.
SEM (Search Engine Marketing)
Search engine marketing is a form of website promotion on search engine results pages (SERPs) by search engine optimization (SEO) and paid advertising (PPC).
By increasing the visibility of the website on the SERPs, SEM attracts more users to click on the website. And from there, increase the number of potential customers for the business.
Focus on creating content, publishing and distributing it to your potential customers. Content marketing is often used by businesses to:
- Capture the attention of potential customers
- Online sales growth
- Increase brand awareness or business credibility with customers
- Promote engagement with online communities.
Social Media Marketing
Promote products and services of businesses through popular social networking platforms. For example, Facebook, Zalo or TikTok for example.
To be successful with Social Media Marketing, you need to understand that each social networking platform has different characteristics.
- Facebook is mainly used for entertainment and communication and interaction with relatives and friends.
- LinkedIn is a social network to connect and build relationships related to work, career, job search.
- TikTok has a penchant for entertainment.
Each social networking platform will have its own way of working. Therefore, you need to tailor the ad content to the nature of each platform.
PPC (pay-per-click): This is a form of marketing where marketers pay a fee for a click on their ad.
PPC allows advertisers to bid for a placement they want to advertise on on a search engine like Google.
That is, when someone searches for keywords related to services / products, your website will appear in that position.
The position of your ad appearing on the search page is also based on these 6 factors:
- The quality of your ad content and landing page
- Ad Rank Threshold
- Competitiveness of the auction
- User search context
How impact your ad formats and ad extensions.
Affiliate Marketing (affiliate marketing)
This is a form of advertising products and services through online advertising channels such as (group, fanpage, blog, etc.) of distributors (affiliate/publisher) to customers.
This is a type of advertising cost-per-action (CPA) model. Businesses will pay distributors a commission when a customer makes a purchase on the distributor’s platform.
Use email to share useful information, connect and nurture relationships with potential customers. Thereby converting them into customers and increasing sales.
Email marketing is more effective than direct mail. Because of the fast speed on the internet and more cost savings.
With Email Marketing, Digital Marketers regularly send useful articles to connect with potential customers and upsell customers:
- Tips to help potential customers solve problems
- Update product/service or brand information
- Give them a coupon/discount code
- Suggest similar patterns,
Native Marketing (Native Advertising)
Native marketing or Native ads are online advertising designed for users to read a website or use a certain application.
There, the advertising content is designed to match the interface of the platform so that when displayed in the most natural way.
Therefore, most users do not recognize a post with ads and do not feel bothered.
2. Digital Marketing Offline
Digital Offline Marketing is usually suitable for businesses with large advertising budgets.
Digital Offline Marketing includes 4 main types:
- Enhance offline marketing: This is offline advertising. But supported by electronic equipment (electronic billboards; with LED screens; digital product demonstrations, digital product samples, etc.)
- Radio marketing: Radio is also an effective marketing channel. You can catch the radio every day while sitting in the car with the radio on. There are two common types: Radio commercials and show sponsoring.
- Television marketing: Television advertising has been around for a long time. And until now they are still considered as one of the effective advertising channels. Because most people from rural to urban areas watch television for many hours every day.
However, this type of advertising costs quite a lot of businesses. There are two types of TV marketing advertising: TV commercials and sponsoring the program.
- Phone marketing: Phone marketing is a large and fast growing channel of online marketing. There are three common types of advertising:
- Cold calling – The term for reaching potential customers through phone calls.
- Marketing via SMS (send discount codes, gifts, loyalty programs, happy birthday).
- QR codes
Looking back at the sections on what is Digital Marketing above, you can see that Digital Marketing really brings a lot of benefits but also requires many different jobs and expertise, right? To recruit such a fully qualified in-house Marketing department is not an easy task.
What is Digital Marketing career? Digital Marketing Job Description
Digital Marketing is a very large field that includes many small segments and positions within. At the current rate of development, digital marketing has gradually become the backbone of the main revenue generation for many businesses.
So, to succeed in this field of Digital Marketing, what knowledge and skills do you need to prepare?
Right in the section below, I will help you list the positions in the Digital Marketing Online industry. And along with that are the skills and knowledge of Digital marketers that need to be prepared to go further.
1. SEO Manager (SEO Manager)
In a Digital Agency, you will oversee the overall SEO strategy or implementation from planning to implementation. Your goal is to improve the ranking of your company website on search results pages (especially Google).
Besides, you need to grasp the trend and how to apply it to drive the traffic process and increase sales.
Your main duties include:
- Website Marketing (Web Marketing)
- Web Analytics
- Content strategy planning
- Develop a social media strategy
- Develop strategies for keywords
- Build campaigns to improve website rankings in search listings.
Degree Requirements: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and generally at least 2 years of relevant SEO experience.
2. PPC Marketing Manager (PPC Marketing Manager)
This position is for those interested in working with numbers and statistics, analyzing and making decisions.
You are responsible for overseeing PPC (pay-per-click) campaigns, responsible for running customer campaigns in Google Ads or Facebook and Instagram. Specifically:
- Target audience and choose keywords
- Write content
- Run A/B tests
- Data analysis
- Optimize ads to increase traffic and reduce advertising costs
Requirements: Marketing related degree (Bachelor’s degree) required, Google Ads related certifications is an advantage.
3. Blogger/Content marketer
Your main job is to write, edit and produce content and then post it on a website or blog. In addition to the requirement to know how to write, you may also be a person who loves to learn and research.
Your mission is to increase traffic to your website by writing useful content that helps readers solve problems. Specifically:
- Promote products from affiliates
- Blogging and market research
- Provide useful tips and tricks for readers
- Come up with creative ideas
- Stay up to date with business-related social media trends
- Maintain brand image and tone, personality in posts
- Brand promotion through social networks
- Work with SEO team to implement keywords.
Requirements: In Digital Marketing, as long as you have a knack or good writing and ability to synthesize information, you can do this position.
4. Influencer (influencer)
Influencers are people with more than 10,000 followers on social media. In this role you will promote the brand’s message, products and services on social media.
You will interact continuously with the people who are following you. Specifically:
- Get followers interested in the brand you promote.
- Advertise related brands/products or services
- Use hashtags to make sure your posts are visible.
5. Marketing & Automation Specialist
In this digital marketing position, you need to focus on processing, creating automated advertising campaigns, launching campaigns, checking data, optimizing or adjusting campaigns.
In addition, you need to understand the technologies and tools involved in website design and application development.
Specifically, marketers need to:
- Create a landing page
- Set up email marketing and automation campaigns
- Analysis to optimize target target.
- Increase conversions (conversions)
- Automate communication with customers with tools such as chatbots, email automation, SMS Marketing
6. UX Designer (User Experience)
This is a new industry but UX Designer is the bridge between customers and programmers. UX Designer is responsible for optimizing the user experience on your website or application.
UX designers need to see and feel the customer’s experience and emotions when using and interacting with the app and website.
Besides, this is a highly specialized field that requires applying technology skills, knowing how to code, design applications and develop video games.
- Design software with attractive functions and intuitive interface
- Develop UI (user interface) on demand
- Generating ideas using storyboards
- Check for bugs
Requirements : A bachelor’s degree in Design, computer science or a computer-related field.
Anyone with a passion for social media can work in this position.
If you interact well with social network users, know how to “take care” of the company’s communication strategy such as content creation and advertising. Specifically:
- Update post
- Attract followers on social networks
- Interact with followers and answer questions as followers ask.
- Advertise the brand and image of the business.
If you want to know more about brand advertising, then immediately refer to what PR information is to increase the effectiveness of your business’ Digital Marketing campaign.
- Measure and analyze the engagement of good followers.
Requirements : You need a deep understanding of social media platforms, use them to generate a file of leads. From there, it is easy to convert into orders, giving priority to those who have SEO experience.
It is worth noting that to complete the marketing plan of your business you should combine the important forms together. And learn thoroughly about different aspects of a marketing campaign such as: What is 7P in Marketing, Wifi Marketing, Digital Marketing, Trade Marketing, etc.
It can be said that the Digital Marketing industry is an industry that is on the rise and brings great benefits to businesses when exploiting online customer files.
In this article, I have helped you understand the concept of Digital Marketing as well as the forms of Digital Marketing and the positions in the industry that you must know when you want to become a Digital Marketer .
Hope this article will help you in the future.